Tuesday, September 04, 2012

The flight


I had three flights on my way back to the Middle Kingdom. The first two were relatively short. The long leg of the trip is always the one I am concerned with.

I could feel your prayers, because on the Pacific leg, I got two seats to myself, a window seat and an aisle seat. And you'll be glad to know that these two seats were connected to each other! It would have been hard to enjoy two seats that were located in different parts of the plane.

Very few others on the plane had two seats like I did! I felt really blessed.

When I get an extra seat like that, I say it is a seat for Jesus. I imagine him sitting there next to me, giving me a pre-flight pep talk. I feel his presence, and I thank him for being there.

Once into our flight, we hit a batch of turbulence, so, ya know, I decided to channel a little Carrie Underwood and I started SINGING to Jesus. Maybe you know the tune: "Jesus, take the wheel...." 

And he did! So at that point I imagined Jesus walking up to the cockpit to help out the pilots and letting me have his coach class seat for extra leg room for myself. He's generous like that.

I did all my talking and singing to Jesus quietly in my heart, because I didn't want fellow passengers to misunderstand and freak out, resulting in me being met at my destination airport with people wearing white coats.

We arrived at my destination airport an hour and a half early. My driver that had come to meet me was also an hour and a half early, and so I got back to my apartment earlier than expected -- and there I was greeted with a doggy celebration like none you've never seen before!

God is good.

No comments: