Thursday, September 13, 2012

Talkin' Texan


In Texas, you can buy your bullets and your ice cream all in one convenient stop! And if you have lived in Texas all your life, you probably don't even realize how strange that is to the rest of the world.

And while we're at it, can I just say I don't feel comfortable with the words "chips" and "bait" being on the same line? I'm picturing worms crawling around on tortilla chips, bait nachos if you like.

This is not even the weirdest sign I saw in Texas this past summer. The prize surely goes to a restaurant near the Tyler airport that either sells Chinese or Mexican food or both -- Pancho Panda. 

Texas, you got a few weird things going on, but I love ya anyway! I'm happy to be a sixth generation Texan, with relatives that lived there when it was a republic. 

No comments: