Sunday, May 13, 2012

In the spotlight: My Madre

              
Today is Mother’s Day, so I decided to let you in on ten random things you may not know about my mom:
  1. She has a green thumb and her backyard is proof.
  2. She keeps a really clean house.
  3. Her favorite TV show? Castle.
  4. She loves and follows God with all sincerity.
  5. She is a dog lover.
  6. She seems to hate clothes shopping, especially at mall-type places. She orders most of her clothes from catalogs, just like we had to do in the days when we lived in west Texas and the nearest decent clothing store was 75 miles away.
  7. She was born in Santa Rosa, New Mexico, but her family moved her to Texas soon after and she has lived her entire life since in Texas.
  8. She has traveled to Hawaii, Australia, Hong Kong and northern parts of China (including Beijing and Shanghai and parts in-between). She’s made lots of road trips in the continental USA as well, favoring beauty spots like Montana.
  9. Her favorite restaurant spots include any good Mexican restaurant, Olive Garden, Sonic drive-in for its shakes, Burger King for its burgers and Traditions (a high-class buffet).
  10. You wish you had her as a next-door neighbor. She would do anything to help anyone, and often does.


Happy Mother’s Day to my mom!

Photo Notes: This is my mom several years ago when I was home during the winter. I love her red boots. She likes red accessories (her trademark of sorts) and I love them on her. She hates to have her picture taken, but hopefully she’ll approve of this one. 

No comments: