Thursday, December 08, 2011

Better than Charlie Brown's

It may not be the most beautiful tree in the world, but I like it! I guess you're supposed to trim Christmas trees to give them a polished look, but I like the wild, natural God-given look so I left it alone. I really love the red ceramic tree pot. After Christmas, I'm going to try to keep this tree alive on my balcony for future years' use. I will rely on the advice of my American friends in town (one studied horticulture in college) to keep it alive. Of course during Chinese New Year the tree will have to be moved indoors so it won't catch fire from flaming pieces of fireworks that always land on my balcony during that pyrotechnic nightmare of a holiday. I actually have very little confidence in its survival under my care, but I'm going to try.

No comments: