Thursday, June 18, 2009

Beautiful Bamboo Forest


This is one of many pagodas around town. You can go up into them if you pay an entrance fee, something that doesn't interest me. Bright flowers like these can be seen all over town. This city is not a backwater place, it is high class.


This is one of my favorite places in town to visit. You can rent a boat to take you around a small island park. It is quiet and relaxing...makes you think you are back in the old days of China.


It's Hot Here

I know, it's probably hot most places in the northern hemisphere (although my parents and my bro's family experienced snow in Montana in early June).

It has been hot but pleasant up until today. Now the humidity has arrived. I took Mimi walking at 7:30 a.m. and it was so unbearable I thought I couldn't breathe. (Oh dear, does this mean I have to get up earlier now to take her walking?) When I go out on my electric scooter, the speed creates wind to keep me cool, but walking is no fun. I have been in Bamboo Forest to visit in the summers before, and I know it will only get worse from here on out.

Lots of Moving

For those of you who know my family, my brother Curtis and his family just moved to Camp Wood, TX, and my brother James and his family will move to Tyler, TX, in roughly a month. I moved last September, so apparently we are a family on the move. Thankfully my parents are staying put...why would they move with James moving to the same town?!

FYI: Job change for Curtis...he's on staff of a you-know-what as a music guy. James has the same job as he has had, just being transferred.



No comments: