Thursday, January 16, 2014

Somebody's birthday

Guess who turned 9-years-old today? Mimi, my adorable cuddly sidekick! She's still got the energy and sense of humor of a puppy. All that expensive food I feed her must do the trick. Most of you will want to stop right here, but the few of you who know and love my doggy will want to click below to see more photos of her.

All raised flat surfaces were made for her, or so she thinks. She likes the coffee table and bed (her trampoline of sorts).
Just like my family members, Mimi hates the camera and turned her back on me while I was shooting. This was at our spring picnic, April 2013.
 This is the view of her I see most often. Her neck must be sore from looking up all the time.
 My angel (of sorts).
 This is her smiling. Yes, that is a smile. I would know.
 Profile pic … love her perfectly-formed button nose. This is the screensaver on my phone.
 Huffing and puffing after chasing a cat.
She's tearing through the house with my shirt. She used to eat the buttons off my shirts, but now she just drags my clothes through the house with a ferocious sounding doggy noise. If I take one more step towards her, she is going to explode and tear through the house some more.
Napping on her sofa.
Joe Cool.
Chilling in one of her many dog beds.

Getting this dog was surely the best decision I ever made. Sure, there have been challenges, but I don't for a minute regret choosing this cutie out of the cardboard box that Sunday afternoon in early March 2005. The seller told me she was six weeks old, so I counted backwards on the calendar. Lo and behold, it seems Mimi and I share a birthday! We were obviously meant to be together. :-)

No comments: