Friday, April 12, 2013

It's bad to be a bird

I went to a restaurant for lunch, and they were not serving any chicken dishes off of their extensive menu. Maybe this is because the live bird markets have been closed down due to bird flu. Apparently KFC is having trouble keeping its doors open now too. (I bet none of you go to KFC, but in China they have a better menu in my opinion, it is clean and modern, and it is usually packed with middle and upper-income patrons. So for it to be suffering from business is certainly big news in these parts.)

It's not much better to be a pig in China, not unless you're a pig who knows how to swim.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'd say you haven't been keeping up with the news lately. Which is okay. :-) Google pigs river China to find out.

No comments: