Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring things



The trees are blooming and I'm thrilled about the warmer temperatures of spring!

I am "spring cleaning" my office this week, throwing out things from way back in the days when I lived in Bedrock. I don't need them anymore. I don't see much use anymore for having quantities of notebooks, pens, liquid paper, paperclips, and the zillion of other things that I used to go gaga for in an office supply store. My goal is to someday get as much as possible digitized so I can lead a somewhat paperless existence. It's going to take some time though. Maybe a long time. It is draining to look through things and make decisions about them.

I wish the digital age had happened about 15 years before it did. I would have saved so much postage and overweight luggage expense if I could have had books on Kindle all these years. (Yeah, I have a Kindle as of early last year; it doesn't take very long for it to pay for itself when you are used to getting books sent overseas). But I still have hundreds of English books that are cluttering my house. They are still good. How I wish I could wave a magic wand and make all those paid-for books beam themselves into my Kindle. I have no room in my life for any more real books, love them as I may. 



Every now and then I have to leave this country, cross the border into another country, then return. (There is a limit imposed by this government on how many days I can stay for each visa entry into this country). 

Therefore, I have to go to Korea soon. It's the cheapest place for me to go. So I'm going to add a couple of days and have a mini-vacation. I've never been to Korea (inside the airport in transit doesn't count). So I'm looking forward to seeing another new country this year, after having been to Japan in January (it was new for me too).

I'm praying their neighbors to the North will behave themselves while I am there. Ya know? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just saw the Tweet from the wedding! Thanks Aunt Liz :)
Did you take a picture of what you looked like for our wedding like you did when Uncle James got married?

Anonymous said...

Nope. No photos. I don't even remember doing that when J&L got married (bad memory). But I'll tell you what I was wearing for yours anyway -- flannel pink pajamas -- top and bottom didn't even match, I'm appalled to report. Sorry, I slept through the whole thing, as did Mimi, who was wearing a pink sweater on that cold, rainy evening in March. I thought about you all day on Saturday of that weekend, because I was a whole day off and thought you got married on a Saturday, when you really got married on Sunday. But I thought of you all day near the right day. :-) Please send me a few wedding photos when you can. Love from your auntie!