Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A word to February

A bike rider wearing a bright pink raincoat rolls down the bike lane
on a rainy day in February. Photo taken from my balcony.
It's dark outside, but the sshhhhhhsh-ing sound of tires pressing down on the wet pavement wakes me. I listening carefully, but the only other sound I hear is Mimi softly snoring at the foot of the bed. The usual noisy early-morning exercise routines at the park downstairs are not happening today. It is raining. Again.

February, you once again have failed to impress me. Your cloak of clouds, fog and rain are getting monotonous. If you could just intersperse your days with a bit of sunshine here and there, we could be friends. You are a stubborn month.

I just want to ride my e-bike without having to wear the big colorful raincoat and carrying a towel. I want to ride a bus without other people's wet umbrellas and clothes pressing up against me. I would like to flag down an empty taxi, which are never available during the rain. I want to take Mimi for a walk without having to wash the mud off her feet every time we return to my apartment. I just want to get out and buy groceries, pay my bills, visit friends, take photos, and have something interesting to talk about for my blog!

But no! The murky month of February taunts me with 29 blocks on the calendar this year, 29 chances to rain instead of the usual 28. The barometric pressure is weighing me down.

I just need a little ray of sunshine to cure whatever ails me! J



P.S. On the positive side, I'm glad we aren't suffering through a drought!

No comments: