Friday, September 30, 2011

No fan of the fan


The dog days of summer have ended, so to save electricity, I ran the fan at night instead of the air-conditioner. All my local friends say to never sleep with a fan on, because it will cause colds. But in America I slept with a fan on me all the time and never got a cold. So it just doesn't make sense that it could happen in one country and not another.


But every single time I try to disprove this "fan will make you sick" theory in Asia, I only prove them to be correct. I slept with a fan on me last weekend and now I have a bad cold. They may have to tear down another forest to replace all the tissues I've used in the past week.


I don't understand the fan thing, but I believe it. I'm done with sleeping with a fan on me. In Asia anyway.

No comments: