Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sizzling

In Bamboo Forest, here are the heat/humidity index temperatures in Fahrenheit degrees for today and the coming week:

113*F
109
106
108
109
101
112
110

And next week it will be 113 one day. And it has been 118 several times this summer. Most of the summer it has been over 110 degrees.

I melt as soon as I walk outside. I get so wet with "skin dew" that my clothes stick to my body within half a minute.

According to the heat and humidity index, it is hotter here than in Texas.

But it is plenty hot in Texas. Where my parents live, the humidity index was 106 both yesterday and today.They've had 43 straight days with temps over 100 (I haven't counted them here, but it's been about the same).

Ya'll eat a popsicle and stay cool! Do NOT mow the grass in this weather.

Anyway, winter's coming round the bend, and its a whole lot worse to deal with than summer ... in Bamboo Forest anyway.

No comments: