Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cookies

I wanted some cookies, but I don't have many ingredients in the house right now. Furthermore, I didn't want to do anything complicated. I pulled out the Betty Crocker Cookbook and found a three-ingredient yummy solution:

Shortbread cookies

3/4 cup of softened butter (that's 1.5 sticks of butter)
1/4 cup of sugar
4 cups of flour (NOT self-rising flour)

Mix the butter and sugar together first, then add the flour. If it is too crumbly, you can add more soft butter so that you can make a ball out of the stiff batter with your hands.

The recipe says to roll it out and make shapes, but I didn't go to any such trouble. I made little balls in my hand, smashed them flat, and baked until I thought they were done.

I didn't care how they looked. I just wanted them to taste good with coffee ... and they did!

How easy is that?!

No comments: