Sunday, August 22, 2010

One Hot Tamale

The heat is killing me. I melt faster than a popsicle the second I step outside. The transportation options are un-air-conditioned buses, bikes, and taxis (you have to walk to the street and wait in the sun to flag one down). It makes me want to go NO WHERE.

All winter long I waited for warmer weather so I could get out more, and now it's so hot I loathe going out the door. But when I do I see how other people beat the heat. Here's how one guy does it.

It looks so quaint, yeah? But in my experience the sweat slides from my forehead into my eyes, burning them so badly I can't read what is on the pages of the book.

My favorite activity these days is checking out the 15-day online weather forecast to see if 15 days from now it is going to be any cooler. Today is the first day that I've noticed cooler temperatures. Just 15 more days until it arrives! Yea!

Too bad for me, I'm going to the tropics 13 days from now.

No comments: