Saturday, April 24, 2010

Austerity Plan

The economy's bad and we all have to cut expenses. No more lattes, you say? Given up reading magazines? Carpooling to church? Watching Hulu instead of cable TV? Given up eating? I hear ya.

But we can all learn something from the Chinese. My cheerful Chinese neighbor (above) and her froo-froo doggy (also above...no, that is not my dog) have found a way to avoid spending $40, $70, or whatever it is you pay to take your dog to the groomers these days (and yes there are scads of dog groomers even in China).


The key to saving money is to pull the hair out of your dog's eyes and secure it with a BARRETTE. You heard me. A barrette. It's cute, it's cheap, it's clever, and it's funny.


My Eyes Deceive Me

My eyes think it is spring, but if it is spring, why am I still wearing long johns and running the heater?

This place has four seasons, and three of them are cold.


No comments: