Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wow, thanks!

Thanks to those of you who have written/called/visited in the past couple of months, but especially during the past week. I got 33 birthday cards, and I haven't stopped to count the Internet greetings I got. And some of you didn't know it was my birthday, but you kindly wrote/called/visited/gave gifts anyway.

By the way, I had one of the best birthdays ever!

I want to write to thank all of you personally, but those individual thanks will come later. I have to leave here in less than 24 hours and I don't have everything packed. Plus, I have to go to the bank, the doctor, the hardware store, the post office, and renew my driver's license. Things are hectic. I need to get up at 2 a.m. tomorrow, so I plan to be in bed by 7 p.m. tonight.

Today is the only day I am both eligible and present in the USA to get my driver's license renewed before it expires 362 days from now.

My flight plan: Here to DFW (20 minutes) to Tokyo (14 hours) to Shanghai (3 hours). The longest layover is in Dallas for four hours. My first flight leaves at 7:10 a.m., but I need your prayers at least as early as when I check in at 5:00 a.m. Wednesday. :-)

More news soon!

No comments: