Monday, June 11, 2007

Old Red Bit the Dust

My old red motorbike has died. I got it in March 1998. I was hoping to make it last until March 2008, when law mandates its' retirement, but it just couldn't make it that long. I took the motorbike to the vegetable market Saturday, and it was sputtering as it has for quite awhile, but it died at the market. I had to push the thing back home (which no doubt explains my backache and why I couldn't get out of bed the following morning). You may wonder about the law...after 10 years, cars, motorbikes, etc. have to go to the junk heap or sold for parts. They don't want a lot of bad vehicles on the road. There is not much of a used vehicle market around here as a result. Old red is gone. She and I have had quite a decade of memories together. I'm sure my neighbors will be glad not to see old red anymore, as the motorbike was becoming quite an eyesore and they were probably embarrassed--or afraid that I would lower their property values by riding it around here. :-)

No comments: