Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Twenty-two Dollars and Fifty-Five Cents

I went to the grocery story yesterday. This is what I got for $22.55:

8 screw-top bottles of Diet Coke
2 screw-top bottles of Sprite
2 bottles spring water
3 "boxes" of milk.
Celery stalk
2 bell peppers
4 hot peppers
3 bunches of bok choi
4 potatoes
4 red onions
2 tomatoes
4 cucumbers
2 large zucchini
3 half-pounds of sliced pork for stir-frying
4 orange muffins
2 packages cookies
3 packages crackers
1 big bag of bulk peanuts, flavored
3 loaves of bread
1 jar blueberry jam
1 bag of pickled vegetables - Chinese style
1 jar of Sesame Paste
6 sweets (glutinous rice balls)
10 Kleenex packages - purse size
2 Snickers bars
1 package of dried red chilies

I am thinking that most of you couldn't get out of the grocery this cheap, am I right? Everytime the grocery clerk rings up the cash register I think, "IS THAT ALL?" Most things here cost the same as they do in the USA, but food and clothing are cheaper. I don't buy clothing here though, so I get my kicks out of grocery shopping instead. :-)

No comments: