Monday, October 30, 2006

In Texas Now!

Yes, Mimi and I are now safe and sound in Texas. We arrived on Monday, October 23rd at DFW Airport. We were greeted at DFW by my parents, and God gave us a glorious Texas sunset as His special greeting (I don't know why, but the sky really does look bigger here).

The other lovely things I have experience in the past week include: no phone calls or phone messages, Taco Bell, no car alarms going off (except the one time I accidentally set off our own car alarm...how was I supposed to know what that little red button on the key chain meant?), easily being able to buy clothes that fit people who are bigger than a twig, a clean house (not nearly as much dust here as in China), walking barefoot in the house without getting my feet dirty, not having to explain in a foreign language to everyone I encounter that I am an American, and understanding everyone who has talked to me.

Some not-so-lovely things in the past week include: insomnia/jet lag that doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon, a dog whose system got confused in the few weeks (she got somewhat sick and cleaning up after her is not very easy...there is carpet here), sticker shock, and sales tax.

Thanks for your prayers. If jet lag ends soon, I'll try to write more.

No comments: