Saturday, February 16, 2019

Paris, Day Two


Sidewalk Flower Shop
Meat Shop
Lots of graffiti, even in the nice parts of town
Bus stop in Pigallia
Housing; buildings are eight stories tall or less. This creates a uniform feeling throughout the city. It's quite a shock to see this in a big city after living in vertical Asia for all these years.
Sacre Coure in Montmartre
Sacre Coure in Montmartre
Bistro in Montmartre
French woman
At the intersection of Champs Elysees and Franklin D. Roosevelt Avenue; the French honor this American president and also Winston Churchill for their efforts in WWII.
Pedestrians on Champs-Elysees
Lunch on Champs-Elysees: macaroons and lettuce salad
Outdoor restaurant near Arc de Triomphe, across the street from Burger King
Woman at the Brochant metro station near my hotel
The two soups on the menu were vegetable and French onion. I told the guy, "I'm thinking that since I'm in France, I need to try the French onion soup." He said "I think you should too. It's excellent." He was right. It was fabulous!
Stopped for a latte at Starbucks somewhere along the Champs-Elysees at a little inside shopping center.
Coffee early in the day at a Starbucks on Wagram near Arc De Triumph. I tried French coffee at one restaurant near the Eiffel Tower. It was awful and stale. At least at Starbucks you get fresh coffee. 
Near my hotel

No comments: