Tuesday, January 10, 2017

On the streets

You may have heard that the air quality in China has been very poor this year, more so than usual. When I lived in Bedrock, it was extremely bad all the time, but since I've been in Bamboo Forest, I've found it much more bearable. But when fog rolls in and stays for weeks, it traps the pollution and creates smog; most of China got hit hard this year. After all these years, I just last week got an indoor air purifier. In less than a week, the filter, which should last four months, is already black. It is an uphill battle to try to stay healthy and breathe clean air.
I like all the sidewalk shops in the city. This one sells dolls. As you can see, backpacks are very popular and practical for city living.        
On a cold rainy day, there aren't many customers, but the owners stand guard out front anyway, full of hope! 

No comments: