Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas time is near



I wasn't sure a Christmas tree was going to happen for me this year. I threw away my old one when I hastily left for the U.S. two years ago for cancer treatment. I'd have to travel two hours round trip to the countryside to get a real tree, and my energy is still too low for that kind of outing. I was gone to Thailand for 10 days smack dab in the middle of December, so that slowed my holiday progress. I got to attend a Christmas party there with delightful friends, but the tropics don't really put me in the mood for Christmas. But finally, I got back to my own place, and IKEA came to my rescue! I got a tree, some decorations to add to what I already had, and even found real live Christmas wrapping paper here for the very first time ever. Starbucks coffee mugs contributed to the Christmas decor a bit. And I still have my Texas ornament that I got back in the 80s. I have plans with friends on Christmas Day, services to attend on Christmas Eve, and the weather is even going to get cooler. It's shaping up to be a good holiday after all as we all prepare to celebrate one of the greatest miracles in history, the arrival of Immanuel, God with us!

No comments: