Monday, November 17, 2014

Mistletoe and Magic

I didn't plan to be home for the holidays, but since I am, I plan to soak in all the holiday spirit I possibly can. I took my mom to a local annual event called "Mistletoe and Magic," where local booths are set up to sell clothing, gifts, furniture and food.
We didn't buy a thing, but we enjoyed strolling around. My mom was quite taken with this therapy dog. My mom is a huge dog lover.
Soon we were crowded out of the dog area (by other dog lovers).
Here's my mom!
The guy in the kilt is apparently the dog's master. I think the kilt went with the theme of the event, because the man spoke like an east Texan, not a Scot.
When the other folks left, we went back for another visit with the doggy. 
My mom wanted to take it home. Is two dogs in the house not enough? (Mimi wasn't home yet, but was to arrive the next day.)
Here's my mom in front of one of the beautiful Christmas trees. She can walk, but long bouts of walking cause back pain so I pushed her through the event. (She broke her back two years ago, and pain still persists. But she still gets out!)
We asked a stranger to take our photo together in front of the tree. I knew I should have asked her to make more than one photo…to make sure we had our eyes open. But we just got one photo together.
Here's another tree scene. I like how the deer head is covered in cream-colored canvas.
 Deer garland.
It was a mighty cold and dreary day. A cute little coffee cart was set up in the parking lot.
On the way back home, we drove through some old neighborhoods to see the changing colors of the leaves. It was a nice little outing!

No comments: