Saturday, October 19, 2013

A little freaky

My e-bike seat has storage room underneath it; it's good for storing a rain poncho, the battery charger, etc. I haven't been able to close the seat for a few weeks though. I can still ride it, but if anyone noticed the seat wasn't latched properly, they could steal the stuff inside.

Today I went to the retail place where I bought the e-bike, and they couldn't fix it (although they can usually fix things). They told me to go to the company that makes that particular Palla brand of e-bike to get it fixed. They gave me a business card with the address of the place. It was quite a drive to get there ... nowhere near where I live.

At Palla, about 5 or 6 men, most of them smoking and just hanging out at the shop, came to have a look at the problem. They probably didn't even think I could speak Chinese or understand them, but were discussing among themselves that I had a Palla bike and wondered where I'd purchased it. Then one of the men said in Chinese, "She bought it in September 2012."

My jaw dropped. Even I can barely remember when I buy things, but he is exactly right, I bought it in September 2012. He saw the look on my face and started laughing. He happened to have been in the retail shop the day I bought the bike. And he remembered the date.

That, my friends, is a wee bit freaky.

No comments: