Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Oh my!

Chinese New Year may not arrive for six more hours (midnight), but it might as well be here already.

It is craaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzyyyyy around here!

No, not crazy like the Cairo airport. Nothing like that. (Well, maybe the grocery store was a little like that earlier today...surely as many people were waiting in line.)

People are giddy. My anti-social downstairs neighbors actually called Mimi by name today. It's almost like they are in the Christmas spirit (except they don't know what that means).

Everyone has a spotless house for once during the year. (Everyone but me, but I may get there before midnight.)

BUT FIREWORKS ARE GOING OFF LIKE CRAZY! And it is just 6 P.M.! Aaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!

There are sixteen more days of holidays. I might need counseling when it is all over.

No comments: