Saturday, September 11, 2010

Boy oh boy

This boy is my two-year-old across-the-hall neighbor and the girl is his two-year-old friend ... at the boy's house. The girl is sweet and quiet. The boy has ants in his pants.

Somehow against my will I got roped into teaching English to this boy once a week, on Saturday mornings, for 30 minutes each time. While I am trying to teach him words like nose, dog, blue, foot, this is what he is doing:

riding his police car around the house. For the entire 30 minutes the only time he looked at me was when I took his picture. The rest of the time he zoomed down the hall, colored pictures, and acted like a monkey. I was pretty excited about his inattention, because it surely meant the teaching experiment was a total failure, and after a few weeks I would be relieved on my teaching duties.

That doggone kid. At the end of the half-hour session, he knew exactly how to say nose, dog, blue, foot, and all the other words I tried to teach him.

Don't you hate it when that happens?

No comments: