Thursday, February 05, 2009

Trip to Thailand

I was recently on a 10-day trip to Thailand.  My hotel was on the beach, but the only time I saw the ocean or a palm tree was a 30-minute time frame when I skipped part of a meeting.  I was too tired to be in the meeting at that time, because I was only getting 5 hours of sleep per night.  My view out of the hotel was a corrugated roof.   It wasn't exactly a dream vacation at a dream destination.  It wasn't bad, it just wasn't a dream.

It was hard to find a dog sitter for Mimi back in the big country, because it was Chinese New Year.  The dog sitters I had trained and had an agreement with backed out on me five hours before I left town.  The only person I knew that was still in town is someone who doesn't like dogs but felt sorry for me and helped.  You don't even want to hear this nightmare story.  But Mimi made nice by week's end, and she is healthy, happy, and catching up on sleep since I got back.

I just got back to Bamboo Forest last night.  When I get unpacked and caught up on work, I'll try to post more often.   :-)

No comments: